With the computer becoming an important part of life, one must have good knowledge of it. Due the tremendous ongoing revolution in the computer field, there are many job opportunities in it. There are many job opportunities in programming field. This is the reason why the programming is now being taught in the schools/colleges.
Talking about the programming languages, Turbo C is the name that glows with high intensity. This Integrated Development Environment and compiler for the C programming language was introduced in 1987. The ‘C’ language is part of academics now. In fact, knowledge of ‘C’ language is like a first start for learning higher programming languages. One biggest drawback of Turbo C is that it does not support the Windows 7 & 8, both 32 and 64-bit versions. It’s not any shocking part to see this drawback, as these OSes have taken birth a long time since the Turbo C was introduced. Therefore, this 16 bit compiler does not run 30 and 64-bit Windows 7 & 8.
So does this mean that those who have PC/Laptop based on Windows 7 or 6, can’t run the Turbo C? NO! Every thing has got solution and so it has. You can install Turbo C on Windows 7 & 8 [32-bit & 64-bit]. This article will teach you the way to do so.
Oh! so you don’t even have the source to download Turbo C for Windows 7 [32-bit & 64-bit]? Don’t panic, read ahead to get the download link for the same.
Download Turbo C for Windows 7 & 8 [32-bit & 64-bit]
You can download the Turbo C for your Windows 7 or 8 based PC/Laptop by clicking the link given below. The file is only 1MB in size.
Install Turbo C on Windows 7 & 8 [32-bit & 64-bit]
As I have already mentioned that Turbo C does not run or Windows 7 & 8, therefore, don’t think that after downloading the Turbo C from the aforementioned link, you will be able to install and use it. You can’t install it on your Windows 7 or 8 based system in the same way as you install any regular software, instead, you need to perform something extra. You need to download a software named DOSBox in order to install and use Turbo C on Windows 7 & 8 [32-bit & 64-bit]. Here is the step-by-step guide to do so.
- I hope that you have already downloaded the Turbo C by following the aforementioned link. If not, then do it right away.
- Download the 32-bit or 64-bit DOSBox depending on the system you have. You can download from the official site here.
- Make sure to keep DOSBox and TC in the same directory, before proceeding ahead.
- Run the DOSBox, and at the first screen that is like command prompt, enter the command mount d c:\
- Hit Enter button and you will see a message on the screen that reads Drive D is mounted as a local directory c:\
- Now type d: to go into the same.
- Now enter the following commands:
Firstly enter cd tc & hit Enter.
Then type the cd bin command & hit Enter.
- You are ready to use the Turbo C. Just key in the command tc or tc.exe to run Turbo C.
- You can switch to full screen mode by pressing ALT+Enter.
- You will have to follow the same process always to run Turbo C. Seems a painful thing? Well, to make it simple, go to DOSBox folder and then edit the file named “DOSBox 0.74 Options” using any text editor.
- You need to paste a new code in it. Here is what that code is.
- By doing so, you will be able to run Turbo C by simply clicking the DOSBox icon.