How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505: It’s not a long since Samsung Galaxy S4 was announced, but we have now a custom ROM meant for it. Well, yes, there are many custom ROMs for this incredible smartphone, but the one I am talking about, is somewhat special- It’s Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom ROM. The ROM is yet to get official words, but who cares about that? You can download it manually and then can flash or install it on your Galaxy S4 by following the steps involved in the guide written ahead in this article.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Android Version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Build Number: JWR66N
Release Date: 26th June 2013
Extra Info: This firmware has been ported from the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition GT-I9505G.
If you are not familiar with rooting and custom ROM installation, then don’t read ahead. The process may result data loss or any serious damage to your device. Although the ROM installation process is quite simple, but still, we advice you to proceed ahead only if you have done it every before. If you want to go against our advice, then please proceed happily, but at on your own risk only. We shall not be held responsible for any negative results.
Things You Need to Do Before Installation
- The very first thing that you should do is to take back up of data. If you do so, then in case of data loss, you can easily come back to normal point. So take backup before doing anything else.
- Charge the battery to at least 70 percent mark. Better if you charge it completely.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. It’s quite simple to do. Just navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Download the Samsung Android USB Drivers and install it on your computer before going to install this firmware.
- Make sure to have active Internet connection on your PC/Laptop.
- This ROM and hence the guide is meant for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 only. Not for any other model of Galaxy S4.
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
- First of all, download this leaked Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom ROM from here.
- Now, transfer this downloaded file to the SD card of your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. This is pretty simple to do. Just connect your device with computer using the USB cable, and then transfer the downloaded ROM file to it.
- Switch off your device and enter it into the CWM or ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Now navigate to Install Zip from SD card and then click Choose Zip from SD card. Select the ROM zip file that you downloaded in the first step.
- The installation of ROM will start. When it’s done, go back to recovery main menu and there select Reboot System Now.
- Your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 will now restart.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the leaked official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. It’s a major update to the official Android 4.2.2 firmware and thus you may expect to see some new features as well as some stability & smoothness advancements in this 4.3 based Jelly Bean firmware. Anyways, you can do let us know if you need any further assistance in installing this Android 4.3 ROM on your Galaxy S4 I9505.