How to Increase Internet Speed in Windows 7 OS – Get Fast Internet Speed: Today’s modern life is nothing but a big waste, a big hell of boredom, if we don’t have tech gadgets and technologies with you. Talking about the latter, it is the Internet that has become demand of people of all ages. Today’s life without Internet is not possible at all. Although the Internet has become an important need, but one thing that is quite sad that many people don’t have access to fast Internet. They have no choice other than dealing with the poor Internet connection. This happens because of unavailability of faster Internet connection in any particular area, or high prices of the plans with faster Internet speed.
Well, we just can’t increase the Internet speed beyond the speed that you are provided by your Internet Service Provider. Believe me! Most of you are not even using that fast Internet speed that is provided by your ISP. To get maximum out of your Internet, to enjoy the maximum possible Internet speed, you must make some tweaks in your system. If you are using Windows 7, then I will tell you about those tweaks. By implementing the tips that I am gonna write, you can increase Internet speed in Windows 7. So all curious minds just keep reading ahead.
How to Increase Internet Speed in Windows 7
De-allocate the Bandwidth Limit
When it comes about increasing Internet speed in Windows OS, the first and foremost way, that is used by many, is de-allocating the bandwidth limit. By default, the Windows allocates some bandwidth limit, which results in slow Internet connection. By removing that limit, you can surely increase your Internet speed in Windows 7. De-allocating the bandwidth limit is quite simple. Just follow the below given steps.
- In the Run Dialog Box of your Windows, type gpedit.msc. Don’t know how to bring Run Dialog box? Just press Windows+R.
- A new window will open up. To make you sure that you are on the right track, I have provided the screenshot of that window below.
- In the above screenshot, you can see there is an option named ‘Administrative Templates’. Just click on it, and then click on ‘Network’.
- From the menu that expands on clicking ‘Network’, look for the option ‘QoS Packet Scheduler’. Click on it. Now click on Limit reservable bandwidth. Following is the screenshot of Window that will come up.
- Select the radio button next to option ‘Enabled’. Now in the Bandwidth Limit (%), type ’0′. Yeah, that’s Zero.
- Click on Apply to save the settings. Now just restart your Windows 7.
- The Internet speed is increased.
Also check out this post: How to Fix “Windows 7 Not Genuine” Error
Use SG TCP Optimizer
The speed of Internet is the speed by which your PC sends and receives packets of data through your network. Of course, this speed depends on the network’s strength, but along with that, it also depends on the TCP/IP Configuration Settings. Thanks to SG TCP Optimizer software that help us in tweaking the TCP/IP settings in the way so that we can have maximum Internet speed. This software is used by many, and all of its users admire it. Below are the steps to be followed to use SG TCP Optimizer.
- If you don’t have SG TCP Optimizer with you, then consider getting one from this link.
- Installing this software is quite easy. After Installing, just run it. Here is the screenshot of user interface of this amazing software.
- As you can see in the above screenshot, there is a slider. Drag it to the point which is speed provided by your Internet Service Provider.
- Also, there is an option ‘Optimal’ that lies at the bottom right side. Make sure to select the radio button next to it.
- Click on ‘Apply Changes’ to save the settings that you just made.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
You might also like to read out this post: How to Increase Windows 7 Startup Speed
Clear All Browsing Data
The Internet speed also depends on the way you use it. If you are a user who daily clears the old browsing data, then chances are high that you are getting the maximum performance from your browser. If you don’t care about the old browsing data, then you yourself are one of the reasons why Internet speed in your Windows 7 is slow. You should make it habit to clear all browsing data. It’s hardly task of few minutes. If you think that doing this task manually is head aching process, then you can automate it by using a software named CCleaner. With this, you can delete all of your browsing data, cookies, temporary files etc., with just single click. As this software makes the clearing task easy, therefore it is used by hundreds of thousands of users. You can download CCleaner from here.
If you liked this post, then you might also be interested in this post: Best Windows 7 Speed Up Software.