How to Install Windows 8.1 from USB Pen Drive with a Few Easy Steps: If you keep yourself updated with the latest stuff coming in the computer world, then you must be familiar with the latest happening – with the release of Windows 8.1 Public Preview. As the name says, this version is preview version which is meant to give you idea about the actual product. It will help Microsoft to know if there is any bug to be fixed or not. Anyway, if you are a true geek who likes to try new stuff, then you must be interested in trying out Windows 8.1 on your PC, are you?
Since this is just a test version, so I would advise you to install it on your PC with the help of desktop virtualization using a suitable software. Of course the last choice is always yours. So, are you curious to have your hands on Windows 8.1? Anyways, if you want to get full access to this new operating system, then you will have to install it normally on your computer. I will now be writing about the way to install Windows 8.1 on PC. Not from any cheap/tough method, but from USB Pen Drive. This is the best way to install Windows OS on PC, as it’s simple and convenient at the same time. Anyway, coming to the point. Do check out the below guide to install Windows 8.1 from USB Pen Drive.
How to Install Windows 8.1 from USB Pen Drive
You might already know that the Windows OS installation process requires to create bootable USB Drive. This can be done by command prompt. But, I know most of you would not like to do in that way. In fact, I myself don’t like using command prompt for this purpose. By the way, why to like that when we have many third-party tools available? So, the first sub-step is to create a bootable USB Drive.
Creating Bootable USB Pen Drive
- Like I said before, there are many tools to do the task in hand, but the best among all is Rufus. Download this tool from here.
- Connect the USB to your PC.
- Now install the software Rufus on your PC. Launch the same.
- The Rufus will start running. In the first option that is labeled as ‘Device’, make sure to select the USB Drive that you want to make bootable.
- In the option labeled as ‘Partition Scheme’, make sure you select ‘MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers’. In case of UEFI PC, select the GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer
- Select ‘NTFS’ in the File System option. If from the above step, latter was case with you, then select FAT32.
- In the option Create a bootable disk using, you should select ‘ISO Image’. Now locate the Windows 8.1 ISO file. Of course, you need to have ISO file for this purpose.
- Your bootable Windows 8.1 USB Pen Drive is all set to operate.
Installing Windows 8.1 from Bootable Windows 8.1 USB Pen Drive
- In the System boot, set the ‘USB Drive’ as first device priority, so that your PC loads the data saved in USB, which is Windows 8.1 ISO file.
- Now the installation process will start. Follow the instructions to install Windows 8.1 on your PC. For better explanation, please head over to our previous article about - How to Download & Install Windows 8.1 Blue on Your Computer.
At last, let us know if you are having any problem while trying to install this latest version of Windows operating system from Microsoft, i.e. Windows 8.1 Blue, from your USB drive. However, if you are looking for a much easier way to install Windows 8.1 on your desktop computer or laptop, then I will recommend to download the ISO file of the OS and burn it to a DVD, and then boot it on startup to install it with a few further steps. I’ll recommend you to read our previous guide on installing Windows 8.1, for better understanding. And if you are willing to install Windows 8.1 on a virtual machine, then you will have to wait for our next tutorial on installing Windows 8.1 virtually using VirtualBox. Till then, stay tuned and keep yourself updated with our blog.